Downing Bend is a charming smaller acreage executive retreat located in the seemingly undiscovered Sweetwater Creek Valley just over an hour’s drive from Vail, Colorado, and about a forty-five-minute drive from the Eagle/Vail Jet Center. Offering 143± deeded acres, a custom built 9,000± square foot primary residence, equipment shop, access to both banks, and frontage on Sweetwater Creek for approximately 2,000± feet.
The land transitions from the lowest elevation along the banks of heavily treed and northern-facing Sweetwater Creek along the northern boundary of the property, then transitions southerly while rising in elevation. The balance of the land is mild gradient hillside terrain, covered with scrub oak and summer wildflowers, providing good vegetation and habitat for migrating animals. The rocky peaks of the Sawatch Mountain Range rise down the valley providing excellent viewshed from the primary residence. The iconic Flat Tops and Flat Tops Wilderness Area and access to vast amounts of public land surrounding the valley are easily accessible from the property. Just 45 minutes from the town of Eagle and its airport/jet center, a little more than an hour from Beaver Creek and Vail, and less than two hours from Aspen, Downing Bend is a private yet accessible retreat-styled property, ideal for family living or a weekend mountain getaway.
Just the Facts
- 143± deeded acres
- Located between Glenwood Springs and Eagle, Colorado
- Just over an hour’s drive from Vail and Beaver Creek
- Less than two hours from Aspen
- Easy drive and accessibility to Eagle/Vail County Regional Airport
- Minutes from Colorado’s newly designated and 43rd designated State Park at Sweetwater Lake
- Custom 9,000+ square foot primary residence
- 60’x100’ equipment shop
- Water rights include 4.8 percent ownership of Four Creek Water District
- 15 GPM domestic well
- Features frontage and both banks of Sweetwater Creek
- Adjacent to BLM
- Close proximity to iconic Flat Tops and White River National Forest
- Migratory wildlife, small game species, and a variety of bird species
- Transitional landscape and varying topography, ranging from heavily timbered creek bottom to mid-level scrub oak hillside.
- Terrific views and 180-degree view shed, including the Sawatch Mountain Range
- Located in Game Management Unit 25
- Elevation ranges from 7,370± to 7,930± feet
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Triple Creek RanchSilverthorne, CO
Minutes from Silverthorne, Colorado, the 254± acre Triple Creek Ranch offers stunning mountain viewsheds, extraordinary lodges, equestrian facilities, and recreational amenities, including trout ponds and three creeks – all bordering national forest.
Captains Rock RanchEvergreen, CO
Captains Rock ranch, located west of Evergreen, is 667± deeded acres, located within the 3,245± acre “shared use” Evans Ranch. Featuring an 11,878± square foot primary residence, indoor arena, and refurbished cabin.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.