Offering diverse hunting and fishing opportunities, the 1,115± acre Circle S West Ranch is among the premier sporting properties available in the western US. Set in the Melon Valley near the famed Snake River Canyon, the ranch is located between the farming community of Buhl and the waterfowl hunting destination of Hagerman a half-hour from Twin Falls and its commercial airport. The capital city of Boise is less than a two-hour drive west of the ranch, while the resort community of Ketchum/Sun Valley is 90 miles to the north. Spring-fed Deep Creek is the centerpiece of the ranch and flows from a basalt canyon for over two and a half miles through a waterfowl-laden riparian corridor. With limited public access and virtually no recognition outside of the local area, Deep Creek is a hidden gem that also supports a wild rainbow trout fishery. Ample spring water is available to the ranch and used to sustain year-round waterfowl and bass ponds. Along with ducks and geese, there are good numbers of pheasants and quail on the property as well as large mule deer up to 30 inches. In addition to its recreational attributes, the ranch features an active farming and cattle operation that utilizes approximately 200 acres of irrigated cropland and pasture. The irrigated portion of the ranch is primed for conversion to corn and grain. Building improvements complement the ranch and are highlighted by a 2,900± square foot owners’ lodge that features ample space for entertaining and hosting groups. Other improvements include two duplex guest cabins, a manager’s residence, a ranch office, and vehicle and equipment storage buildings. The ranch is not covered by a conservation easement at the present time. However, because of the property’s significant water and wildlife resources, it is a prime candidate for one. The ranch is being offered turnkey with furnishings and ranch equipment.
Co-listed with Aaron Hill of Keller Williams Sun Valley Southern Idaho/Proctor Mountain Group.
Just the Facts
- 1,115± deeded, contiguous acres
- Private setting 30 minutes from Twin Falls and 90 miles from Ketchum/Sun Valley
- Located near the Snake River Canyon 10 miles south of the famed Hagerman Valley and the Hagerman Wildlife Management Area
- Over two and a half miles of Deep Creek offering waterfowl hunting and trout fishing
- Ample spring water sustains multiple year-round waterfowl and bass ponds
- Wildlife includes ducks, geese, pheasants, quail, grey partridge, doves, and large mule deer up to 30 inches
- Active farming and cattle operation utilizing 200± acres of irrigated cropland and pasture
- Features a full set of residential and ranch improvements including an owner’s lodge and guest cabins
- No conservation easement
- Elevation is approximately 3,200 feet
- Annual property taxes are approximately $9,500
- Offered turnkey with furnishings and ranch equipment
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.