These 640± acres sit above Magic Reservoir in the Clay Bank Hills 20 miles south of Hailey, Idaho and the airport for Sun Valley. Bordered by federal lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management and a private ranch under conservation easement, the property is utilized as part of a local ranching operation and features strong native grasses and stock water resources that support early summer grazing. The ranch offers excellent building locations with views north across the lower Wood River Valley to Sun Valley’s Bald Mountain Ski Area and the high peaks of the Pioneer Mountains. Access from State Highway 75 is year-round, and there is power to the property servicing a stock water well. The ranch is also watered by springs and ponds that enhance seasonal grazing capacity. The property is located in hunt unit 52 and the Smokey-Bennett elk management zone and, because of its size, could qualify for landowner appreciation permits for elk, mule deer, and antelope. Boating, waterskiing, and fishing are minutes away on Magic Reservoir, and the Sun Valley area is home to a number of destination trout streams. This is one of the larger tracts available in the Sun Valley area.
Just the Facts
- 640+ deeded, contiguous acres bordered by federal lands
- Foothill setting with elevated views of the Wood River Valley
- 20 miles south of Hailey and 30 miles south of Ketchum/Sun Valley
- Year-round, county road access from highway 75
- Power to the property
- Natives grasses and stock water support seasonal grazing
- Perimeter fenced and divided into two fenced pastures
- Wildlife includes elk, mule deer, and antelope with possibility of LAPs
- Outstanding fishing located nearby on Silver Creek, the Big Wood River, and Magic Reservoir
- Annual property taxes are approximately $286
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Sawmill Creek RanchLittle Lost Valley, ID
Exceptional wilderness ranch fully encompassed by national forest with 295± acres, 2 miles of a wild trout fishery, immaculately maintained improvements, and a 2,500± foot private airstrip. 75 air miles from Sun Valley.
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens put his Texas panhandle property on the market and it’s listed for a massive $250 million.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
America’s Best Brokerages