These 640± acres sit above Magic Reservoir in the Clay Bank Hills 20 miles south of Hailey, Idaho and the airport for Sun Valley. Bordered by federal lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management and a private ranch under conservation easement, the property is utilized as part of a local ranching operation and features strong native grasses and stock water resources that support early summer grazing. The ranch offers excellent building locations with views north across the lower Wood River Valley to Sun Valley’s Bald Mountain Ski Area and the high peaks of the Pioneer Mountains. Access from State Highway 75 is year-round, and there is power to the property servicing a stock water well. The ranch is also watered by springs and ponds that enhance seasonal grazing capacity. The property is located in hunt unit 52 and the Smokey-Bennett elk management zone and, because of its size, could qualify for landowner appreciation permits for elk, mule deer, and antelope. Boating, waterskiing, and fishing are minutes away on Magic Reservoir, and the Sun Valley area is home to a number of destination trout streams. This is one of the larger tracts available in the Sun Valley area.
Just the Facts
- 640+ deeded, contiguous acres bordered by federal lands
- Foothill setting with elevated views of the Wood River Valley
- 20 miles south of Hailey and 30 miles south of Ketchum/Sun Valley
- Year-round, county road access from highway 75
- Power to the property
- Natives grasses and stock water support seasonal grazing
- Perimeter fenced and divided into two fenced pastures
- Wildlife includes elk, mule deer, and antelope with possibility of LAPs
- Outstanding fishing located nearby on Silver Creek, the Big Wood River, and Magic Reservoir
- Annual property taxes are approximately $275
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Fish Creek Ranch 20Carey, ID
Located 40 miles east of Sun Valley’s airport in the foothills of the Pioneer Mountains, this scenic ranch features 1,080± deeded acres, irrigated pastures, functional improvements, and over two miles of year-round streams.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.