Located along the middle section of the Snake River in the most prolific portion of the Pacific Flyway, Old Teal Ranch is one of the top waterfowl properties available in the West today. The ranch consists of 172± acres in two separate tracts. The main parcel fronts on the north bank of the river with easy access to US Highway 30 and Interstate 84 and features 62± acres along with all of the building improvements on the ranch. The second parcel encompasses 110± acres of Schoffs Island, a large, undeveloped island in the center of the river just a quick boat ride from the ranch’s main tract. With the exception of approximately 13 acres at the downstream end of the island managed by Idaho Fish and Game and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Schoffs Island is completely owned and controlled by Old Teal Ranch. Several small islands owned by BLM lie along the north end of Schoffs Island creating additional river channels and backwaters and adding to the overall privacy of the setting.
The ranch has been operated as a private hunting retreat for several decades. The main parcel features a comfortable three-bedroom, three-bath residence built by the previous owner in 1995. The home is situated on a high bluff with commanding views of the river, Schoffs Island, and the remainder of the ranch to the north. Two large, metal-sided storage buildings with overhead doors sit below the residence close to the river and are ideal for housing vehicles, boats, farm machinery, and hunting equipment. A concrete boat launch adjacent to the storage buildings provides convenient access to the island and the rest of the river. Included with the offering is a 25± foot river barge that facilitates the movement of equipment and ATVs between the main parcel and the island.
The ranch is highlighted by excellent water rights that are used to irrigate cropland and fill duck ponds and create habitat on the property. Approximately 50 acres of the main parcel are used to raise alfalfa hay and can be easily converted to corn, other high-valued crops, or additional habitat areas. Water can be pumped from the river onto the island year-round for wildlife and habitat via a newly installed pump system. The centerpiece of the island is a 10± acre pond filled with river water that is a magnet for ducks and geese. In addition to waterfowl, the ranch and Snake River corridor are home to quail, pheasants, and mule deer. The deep channels, rock ledges, and shallow, sandy flats on either side of the island provide diverse fishing for trout, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, catfish, carp, and even sturgeon that can grow to over ten feet in length. Old Teal Ranch is conveniently located 60 miles from the capital city of Boise, 110 miles from the resort community of Sun Valley, and 68 miles from the regional commercial center of Twin Falls.
Just the Facts
- 172± deeded acres in two tracts, including 110± acres on Schoffs Island
- Excellent irrigation and wildlife water rights
- 50± acres of alfalfa irrigated by a Valley center pivot
- Extensive habitat areas, including a 10± acre pond that serves as the primary hunting spot for the ranch
- Improvements include a 1,700± sq. ft., three-bedroom home with elevated views of the river plus two storage buildings
- Private, concrete boat launch for accessing the island and the rest of the river
- Waterfowl hunting is second to none with a long season, lots of mallards, and a seven-duck limit
- Excellent quail hunting and abundant mule deer
- Diverse fishing opportunities on the Snake River for a variety of species
- Located an hour from Boise and an hour and a half from Sun Valley
- Elevation is 2,500 feet
- Annual property taxes are approximately $2,985
- No conservation easement
- The offering includes all home furnishings and a 25± foot barge used for accessing the island
- Management and caretaking in place if desired by a new owner
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Fish Creek Ranch 20Carey, ID
Located 40 miles east of Sun Valley’s airport in the foothills of the Pioneer Mountains, this scenic ranch features 1,080± deeded acres, irrigated pastures, functional improvements, and over two miles of year-round streams.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.