Salmon Creek Farm is a lovely 67± acre river property set in the Snake River Canyon ten minutes from Hagerman, Idaho. With this location, an owner enjoys a mild four-season climate in one of the state’s most coveted outdoor recreation areas. The farm features over a half-mile of frontage on the Snake River and Salmon Falls Creek and 50± acres of sprinkler-irrigated cropland and horse pasture. A beautifully appointed one-bedroom/one-bath home with attached workshop (built in 1998 and remodeled in 2007) is perched above the river and enjoys unimpeded views across to the cliffs, springs, and islands of beautiful Thousand Springs State Park. Other improvements include a separate four-bay shop, outdoor riding arena, loafing shed, and round pen. The property’s private boat dock opens up access to the river for all forms of water sports from waterfowl hunting to water skiing. Deer, pheasants, and quail find refuge in the property’s robust riparian habitat, while ducks and geese take advantage of a one-acre waterfowl pond developed in cooperation with Ducks Unlimited. Federal lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management adjoin the property and provide opportunities for hiking, horseback riding, and dirt-bike riding. The farm is covered by a conservation easement held by the Southern Idaho Land Trust that allows for continued residential, agricultural, and recreational uses. This area is rich in pioneer history, and the property is located at the site of the Overland Stage Line ferry crossing which operated in the 1870s. With frontage on US Highway 30, Salmon Creek Farm is easily accessible to the resort amenities of Sun Valley, located 90 miles north of the property, and shopping, medical facilities, and commercial air service in Twin Falls, just a half-hour east.
Just the Facts
- Wonderful all-around lifestyle and sporting property with 67± acres and over one-half mile of Snake River and Salmon Falls Creek frontage
- Ten minutes from Hagerman with excellent access to Sun Valley, Twin Falls, and Boise
- Stunning custom one-bedroom/one-bath home with attached workshop overlooking the Snake
- Other improvements include a four-bay shop, outdoor arena, horse pens, private boat dock, and waterfowl pond
- 50± acres of sprinkler-irrigated cropland and pasture
- Adjacent to federal lands providing additional recreation opportunities
- Across the Snake from Thousand Springs State Park at site of historic Overland Stage Line ferry crossing
- Conservation easement covers the property allowing for an expanded residence
- Annual Twin Falls County property taxes are approximately $4,270
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Little Willow Creek RanchPayette, ID
Winter unit for year-round ranching operation consisting of 12,900± deeded acres 65 miles northwest of Boise. Over 500 irrigated acres with three miles of Little Willow Creek. Outstanding pheasant hunting plus elk and deer.
Sierra del Rio RanchMurphy, ID
Reputation cattle operation featuring 3,605± deeded acres, winter and summer grazing allotments, a 55± acre lake, Snake River frontage, and a complete set of residential and ranch improvements in a private canyon setting.
Most brokers have a strong sense of independence, so brokerages work around that, but Hall and Hall is not about the one working alone—our strength and longevity is built on the broker partnership structure
Bixby Ranch’s historic legacy stoked many buyers’ interest and resulted in a successful and accelerated sale, leading to the selection of The Land Report’s Ranchland Deal of the Year
Our clients select Hall and Hall because of the agency’s reputation for excellence and 74 years of building relationships
“The underlying theme you must recognize in making a land purchase is: land has become recognized as an investment-class asset”
I have purchased four ranches through Hall and Hall over the past 20 years, and there is simply no other team in the world like them