A well-recognized property in the Sun Valley area, the 176± acre Timmerman Ranch lies along State Highway 75 on the northwest side of Timmerman Hill 15 miles south of the airport in Hailey. The property is utilized as part of a local ranching operation and features 55± acres of sprinkler irrigated cropland and an additional four acres of irrigated land managed as a tree farm planted with conifers. A 55± acre dry pasture with a seasonal spring and stock pond is located west of the irrigated lands and used for seasonal grazing. The ranch also encompasses an older set of buildings that evolved from the original stage stop developed by John Timmerman in the late 19th century. Located in a grove of cottonwoods at the northeast corner of the property, structures include a 1984 manufactured home, two older frame homes, and several storage/shop buildings. The ranch offers excellent building locations with elevated views north across the Wood River Valley to Bald Mountain, Kelly Mountain, and the peaks of the Pioneer Range. Boating, waterskiing, and fishing are nearby on Magic Reservoir, and the area is home to a number of destination trout streams as well as excellent big game hunting for elk, mule deer, and antelope. The resort amenities of Sun Valley, including world-class skiing, fine dining, and excellent golf courses, are located just a half-hour north of the property. The Timmerman Ranch represents a multi-dimensional investment with potential as a year-round ranch and residence, a long-term holding with an attractive entry price, and a site for future development. Located at the gateway to Sun Valley, the ranch is also an excellent candidate for a conservation easement.
Just the Facts
- 176± deeded acres a half-hour south of Ketchum/Sun Valley fronting Highway 75
- Adjudicated water rights for 59.3 acres using two irrigation wells
- Currently managed as part of a larger, local ranching operation for hay production and seasonal grazing
- Consists of three original parcels that are dividable without county approval
- Borders BLM and private lands under conservation easement
- Elevated location with wonderful views across the Wood River Valley
- Outstanding fishing located nearby on Silver Creek, the Big Wood River, and Magic Reservoir
- Located in hunt unit 52 and the Smokey-Bennett elk management zone
- Strong conservation easement potential
- Annual property taxes are approximately $2,165
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Deeded Acres: 176±
Total Acres: 176±
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Sawmill Creek RanchLittle Lost Valley, ID
Exceptional wilderness ranch fully encompassed by national forest with 295± acres, 2 miles of a wild trout fishery, immaculately maintained improvements, and a 2,500± foot private airstrip. 75 air miles from Sun Valley.
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens put his Texas panhandle property on the market and it’s listed for a massive $250 million.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
America’s Best Brokerages