The Lazy XY Ranch consists of 906± deeded acres and just under 2.5 miles of a tailwater trout fishery. In addition to controlling both sides of the Tongue River, there is a productive agricultural operation providing rich irrigated fields that draw in trophy quality deer and some of Montana’s best waterfowl hunting. The wild upland game bird populations are very stable and strong. This combines nicely with a bird release license the property maintains that allows for an extended upland hunting season. The 162± acres of sprinkler irrigated fields draw their water through pumps from the river. There is the option of pumping from seven Coal-Bed Methane (CBM) wells converted for water application and agricultural use. The water from these CBM wells is potable and is a significant asset to the ranch and can be converted for other uses. The property’s major improvements include one four-bay shop built in the early 2000s and two Macken bridges capable of handling vehicle weights as large as a semi and pup trailers. There are multiple homesites throughout the Lazy XY that offer amazing views. From the bluffs, for example, one overlooks the Tongue River Reservoir. It is possible to walk directly down to the reservoir and, during boating season, have a temporary dock for boating uses. The main draw to this property is the rare market offering of so many recreational opportunities packed into just 906± acres.
Just the Facts
- Hunt area 704 for deer and elk
- Tailwater year-round trout fishery
- Upland Game Bird Farm license
- Just under 2.5 miles of the Tongue River tailwater
- Predictable big game populations in the fall for bow and rifle
- Bordering boating recreation
- Variety of homesite options
- Four-bay steel shop building is only structure
- Multiple river crossings providing access to the entire ranch
- Converted CBM wells for additional agricultural uses
- Electricity, internet, and remote camera system
- Excellent scoria roads
- Two center pivots, three side rolls, and multiple big gun sprinklers
- Excellent territorial water rights
- 400± inch class bull elk
- Commonly 160 plus whitetail on the property
- Excellent migratory waterfowl hunting (ducks and geese)
- Located 35 minutes north of Sheridan, WY
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Bremmer Creek RanchBozeman, MT
The 1,048± acre ranch is located on the West side of the Bridger Mountains, 40 minutes from the recreational Mecca of Bozeman. Privately situated, the land offers spectacular views, is full of wildlife & surrounded by vast historic ranches. North Ridge Ranch is well watered by Bremmer Creek; owns 100% of the mineral rights & can carry 100 cows.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.