Located just nine miles north of Big Timber, MT, along four miles of Otter Creek, Otter Buttes Ranch offers a pleasing combination of working ranch and recreational amenities. The ranch’s 3,201± deeded acres are comprised of lush creek bottom, grassy coulees, and rugged breaks that provide habitat for an abundance of wildlife. Eight center pivots are positioned along the Otter Creek drainage, irrigating approximately 270 of the ranch’s 446± irrigated acres. The early 1900s five-bedroom farmhouse has been fully renovated and highlights the picturesque owner’s compound which also includes a ranch office, garage, shop, outdoor swimming pool, and other outbuildings. The owner’s investment in quality infrastructure is evident in the extensive steel corrals, well-maintained fences, and irrigation systems. Otter Buttes is an ideal place for a family to gather and grow while enjoying Montana’s ranching and outdoor lifestyle.
Just the Facts
- 3,201± contiguous, deeded acres nine miles from Big Timber, MT
- Beautiful setting along approximately four miles of Otter Creek
- 446± irrigated acres according to Montana cadastral records
- 270± acres under eight center pivots
- Restored five-bedroom farm house, outdoor pool, ranch office, garage, shop, and other outbuildings
- High-quality steel livestock corrals
- Well-maintained ranch facilities and infrastructure
- Lush creek bottom, coulees, and rugged breaks provide diverse wildlife habitat
- Abundant mule deer, whitetail deer, antelope, upland birds, and waterfowl
- Just ten minutes to Class B schools in Big Timber
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.